RVTs earn 1 CE credit* each time the "Be A Tree" program is delivered to a group of children.
You can earn a maximum of 5 credits per year delivering Be a Tree programming.
Are you looking for an effective way to educate children on dog safety while promoting your clinic and the veterinary technician profession? Have we got a great idea for YOU!
Become a branch of the “Be a Tree” program, created by Doggone Safe and endorsed by the OAVT. This easy and entertaining program teacheschildren (from Kindergarten to grad 5) to be safe around the family dog and other dogs they may encounter.
Careful concern has been implemented to ensure the program is fun and the message ispositive. Who better to deliver this than an RVT.?The kit provides an entire presentation along with an easy to follow script andgames children will enjoy.
- It is a positive and fun way to provide young people with the knowledge to make decisions.
- Decisions on whether or not to approach a dog, or how to behave when a dog approaches them.
- Empowers children by giving them the necessary tools to make a decision in a potentially unsafe situation.
You will find the “Be a Tree” kit gives you an outstanding opportunity to raise awareness of your clinic and your profession to the whole community. It’s a great way to increase your profile and demonstrate how helpful animal health professionals are!
Present “Be a Tree” at:
Everyone Wins! The community is educated and safer. RVTs represent themselves and their field in a professional way and clinics gain respect in the community.
To obtain “Be a Tree” kit:
- Read and complete the “Be a Tree” agreement
- Return the “Be a Tree” agreement to the OAVT office (contact details below)
- The OAVT will send you a “Be a Tree” kit in the mail
CE credits - 1 credit per presentation (maximum of 5 CE credits / year):
- Print the CE certificate form below
- To be completed by the representative
- Submit with your CE record to the OAVT office
* Note: a maximum of 5 CE credits can be earned per year from this program